Privacy and Cookies Policy
As responsible for the processing of your personal data, Madrid Discovery wishes to respond to your concerns relating to the confidentiality of the information that you transmit to us by all means of communication, in particular: website published and operated by Madrid Discovery, telephone communications, e-mail in order to offer you our products and services.
We may obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may engage a third-party vendor or collector to provide us with additional information about our existing customers (a “data appending”), including information from your profile or social media posts. third party.
We may also collect information from your profile on a third-party social network (including Facebook) if you authorize the third-party social network to communicate it to us or if you post it publicly. This information may be your general account information (e.g. name, email address, profile picture, gender, date of birth, current city, username, friends list, etc.) and any other information or activity that you authorize the third-party social network to share with us or that you post publicly on your profile. For example, we may receive your social media information (or part thereof) when you download or interact with one of our applications on a social media site (including Facebook).
By providing us with personal data through the communication channels, you accept this policy. Our policy may be modified to take into account changes in the legislation in force with regard to personal data. We will keep you informed of any changes made.
1 - Personal data transmitted to Madrid Discovery
1.1) Data relating to your personal information
This is information about you as a natural or legal person that you have voluntarily communicated to Madrid Discovery via the various communication channels and which is essential for the design and realization of your experience (such as your name , first name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, date of birth, etc.).
We inform you that the information that must be provided to Madrid Discovery is visibly marked with an asterisk on our website (hereinafter, “the Site”). Information not marked with an asterisk is optional. For any contact from you, by telephone, your adviser will tell you the essential information he needs. This information is essential for the processing of your requests for services from your experience, which unfortunately cannot be processed in the absence of this information.
1.2) Data relating to personal information of third parties
As part of your quote request and subsequently your reservation, you have the option of entering the contact details of one or more other people (other participants in the trip or people who have participated in a gift list or for other events (union, birthday, etc.), person to notify in case of emergency, etc.).
In this case, the data of the other persons informed will only be used by Madrid Discovery in order to ensure the processing of a quote request and subsequently of a registration.
If Madrid Discovery wishes to use the data of other persons informed for a purpose other than those mentioned above, Madrid Discovery will first seek their consent. Therefore, you guarantee to Madrid Discovery that the other people whose data you communicate are informed of this transmission concerning them and accept it. Madrid Discovery will inform the persons whose personal data it has collected indirectly, of their rights under this policy, during its first communication to the other persons informed by email and including all the information useful for the organization of their trip.
1.3) Sensitive data
Madrid Discovery collects special category data such as health data (disability, allergy or special conditions). This data is only collected for the purposes of organizing the experience of the data subject and will not be used in any other way.
2 - Data relating to your navigation on the Site (cookies)
When browsing the Madrid Discovery website, temporary cookies may be saved on your computer.
2.1) What is a cookie?
A “cookie”, or tracer, is a text file that allows Madrid Discovery to identify the device in which it is registered during the period of validity or registration of the cookie.
During your browsing on the site, Madrid Discovery may save, in a dedicated space on the hard drive of your device (computer, tablet or smartphone), one or more “cookies” via the internet browser you use and depending on the settings you have selected on it in terms of cookies. This information is in particular.
- The type of internet browser you use.
- The type of operating system and device you use to access the Service.
- The domain name of your internet service provider.
- The web page you came from. The country of residence and your language.
- The pages and options you visit and access on our Sites.
During your first visit to our Site, when Madrid Discovery considers placing a cookie on your device, an information banner will be displayed at the bottom of the page. By continuing to browse the site after clicking on “I accept”, you expressly consent to Madrid Discovery placing cookies on your device (cookies related to operations relating to targeted advertising, certain cookies for measuring audience, social network cookies generated in particular by their sharing buttons when they collect personal data).
If you continue browsing the site, cookies may be placed on your computer. The banner will remain displayed as long as you have not continued browsing, that is to say until you have gone to another page of the Site or until you have clicked on an element of the Site.
If you do not wish to accept all or part of the cookies, we recommend that you click on the “Learn more” link on the banner, and follow the detailed instructions allowing you to manage cookies via your browser settings. Cookies do not generate or transmit computer viruses likely to infect your device, they are only readable and recognizable by their issuer. You have the possibility to change the settings relating to cookies at any time. Below you will find information about cookies and the different ways to manage cookie-related settings on your browser. The period of validity of the consent to the deposit of Cookies is 12 months. At the end of this period, we will seek your consent again.
2.2) Cookies on the site
Madrid Discovery may use the following types of cookies (banner at the bottom of the page):
- Session management.
- Cookies Audience measurement.
- Cookies (statistical cookies).
- Cookies necessary for certain optional features.
- Targeted advertising cookies.
- Social network cookies generated in particular by their sharing buttons when they collect personal data Session management cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the Site.
Refusing them may lead to a slowdown and/or malfunction of the Site. By analyzing how you use the site, Madrid Discovery can offer you better navigation in order to respond appropriately to your expectations and also identify any problems you encounter in order to provide rapid solutions.
3 - Your choices regarding cookies
3.1) Your choices regarding cookies
You are using Safari 5.0 (on computer):
- Choose Safari > Preferences then click on “Security”; 2. In the “Accept cookies” section, indicate if and when Safari should accept cookies from websites; For an explanation of the options available to you, click the help button “?” “. If you have set Safari to always block cookies, you may need to temporarily accept cookies to open a page. Repeat the above steps, selecting “Always”. When you are done with the affected page, disable cookies again and delete the cookies from the page.
You use Safari on iOS (tablets and smartphones):
- Open the “Settings” application and choose “Safari”; 2. In the “Confidentiality” section go to “Accept cookies”; 3. Define your privacy settings.
You are using Google Chrome:
- Choose the “Settings” menu; 2. Click on “Show advanced settings” and go to the “Privacy” section; 3. Click on “Content Settings”; 4. Select “Block cookies and data from third-party sites” to block cookies.
You are using Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on “Menu” then “Options”; 2. Select the “Privacy” icon; 3. In the History area, for the “Retention rules” option, select “use custom settings for history”; 4. Check the “Accept cookies” box to enable cookies, or uncheck it to disable them. If you are having difficulty with cookies, make sure that the “Accept third-party cookies” option is not set to “Never”. 5. Choose the shelf life of cookies by selecting between the 3 options (a), (b) or (c) below: (a) “their expiry”: Each cookie will be deleted on its expiry date, the date set by the site issuing the cookie. (b) “Firefox closing”: the cookies stored on your computer will be deleted when you close the Firefox browser window. (c) “Ask me each time”: a warning will be displayed each time a website wishes to save a cookie, asking you whether you accept this registration or not. 6. Click OK to close the “Options” window and validate your choices.
You are using Internet Explorer 8.0 and above:
- Go to the “Tools” menu, then select “Internet Option”; 2. Click on the “Privacy” tab; 3. Select the desired privacy level using the slider: up to “Block all cookies” to block all cookies, or down to “Accept all cookies” to accept all cookies. Cookies.
You use Opera:
- Go to the “File” menu then select “Preferences”; 2. Click on the “Privacy” icon; 3. Define the privacy settings you want to apply.
You use Android:
- Tap on the key at the top right; 2. Select “Settings” then “Privacy and security”; 3. Define the privacy settings you want to apply.
You are using Dolphin on Android:
- Go to the menu and select “More” then “Settings”; 2. Select “Privacy” then “Security”; 3. Define the privacy settings you want to apply in the “Cookies” menu.
4 - For what purposes are your data collected?
4.1) Respond to your requests
When you contact Madrid Discovery through the various communication channels mentioned above, the purpose of collecting your personal data may be:
– The provision of access to the site and access to your dedicated customer area to allow you, in particular, to consult your quotes and/or any information relating to your trips;
– The execution of the requests you have made on the site or through other communication channels (reservation with our partners, establishment of your sales contract, monitoring of the performance of the services of your trip, monitoring of all requests from your part of your trip, including after your return from your trip, in accordance with the legal limitation periods, etc.);
– Sending information letters (newsletters) and any other documentation (particularly brochures) that you have requested;
– Answer your questions ;
4.2) Produce statistics
As part of the improvement of our services, the personal data concerning you collected by Madrid Discovery may also be used for:
– The realization of statistical calculations concerning in particular the frequentation of the site;
– Conducting surveys and polls; – Carrying out studies and research to improve your experience with Madrid Discovery
4.3) Soliciting you during marketing operations
Your data may also be used for commercial purposes:
– Management of any subscription and unsubscription to newsletters at your request;
– Communication of information relating to Madrid Discovery and its partners: news, products and services, commercial prospecting and personalized offers.
5 - How and for how long?
5.1) Securing your data
As responsible for the processing of your personal data, Madrid Discovery implements all the technical and organizational measures necessary to respect the protection of your personal data: access control, backups, traceability, security of premises, protective measures and takes care to limit the quantity of data processed with regard to the purposes pursued.
5.2) Duration of retention of your data
We store this information for a proportionate period, necessary for the purpose for which we process it and in any case for the duration necessary to meet a legal or regulatory obligation. The data is kept for a period that does not exceed the period necessary for the following purposes:
> Newsletter : your data will be kept as long as your subscription is active. You can end it at any time and unsubscribe by clicking on the link that will be given to you.
> Commercial offers : your data will be kept as long as you agree to receive our commercial offers. You can refuse them at any time and unsubscribe by clicking on the link that will be given to you.
> Statistics and surveys : your data will be kept for the time necessary to establish reliable statistics and to process surveys carried out with you, with your consent.
Last update: 09/01/2023