As the controller of your personal data, Madrid Discovery wishes to address your concerns about the privacy of the information you provide to us through any means of communication, including but not limited to: websites published and operated by Madrid Discovery, telephone communications, and e-mail, in order to offer you our products and services.
We may obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may solicit a third party vendor or collector to provide us with additional information about our existing customers (data appending), including information from your profile or posts on a third party social network.
When you provide us with your personal data, you authorize us to use, analyze, store and, where appropriate, share it with our partners when necessary to process your requests. By providing us with personal data via the communication channels, you agree to this policy. Our policy may be modified to take into account changes in the legislation in force concerning personal data. We will keep you informed of any changes made.
I. Personal data provided to Madrid Discovery
a) Data related to your personal information
This is information about you as a natural or legal person that you have voluntarily provided to Madrid Discovery through the various communication channels and which is essential to the design and execution of your experience (such as your name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, date of birth, etc.).
We inform you that the information that must be provided to Madrid Discovery is indicated by an asterisk on our website (hereinafter, “the Site”). Information not marked with an asterisk is optional. When you contact us by phone, your consultant will tell you what information is required.
This information is essential to the processing of your requests for services of your experience, those unfortunately could not be treated in the absence of this information.
b) Data relating to the personal information of third parties
When requesting a quote and subsequently making a reservation, you have the option of providing the contact information of one or more other people (other participants in the trip or people who have participated in a gift list or for other events (union, birthday …), person to be notified in case of emergency …).
In this case, the data of the other persons will be used by Madrid Discovery only to ensure the processing of a request for a quote and subsequently of a registration. If Madrid Discovery wishes to use the data of other persons for a purpose other than those mentioned above, Madrid Discovery will first seek their consent.
You warrant to Madrid Discovery that the other persons whose data you provide are aware of and agree to such transfer.
Madrid Discovery will inform the persons whose personal data it has collected indirectly, of their rights under this policy, when it first communicates to the other persons informed by email and including all information useful for the organization of their trip.
c) Sensitive data
Madrid Discovery may collect special category data such as health data (disability, allergy or special conditions). This data is collected solely for the purpose of organizing the experience of the individual and will not be used in any other way.
II. Data relating to your navigation on the Site (cookies)
When you browse the Madrid Discovery website, temporary cookies may be stored on your computer.
a) What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a text file that allows Madrid Discovery to identify the device in which it is stored for the duration of the validity or storage of the cookie.
During your navigation on the site, Madrid Discovery may record, in a dedicated space on the hard disk of your device (computer, tablet or smartphone), one or more “cookie” through the Internet browser you use and according to the settings you have selected on it regarding cookies.
This information includes:
The type of web browser you are using;
The type of operating system and device you are using to access the service;
The domain name of your Internet service provider;
The web page you came from;
The country of residence and your language;
The pages and options you visit and access on our Sites.
On your first visit to our Site, whenever Madrid Discovery considers placing a cookie on your device, an information banner will appear at the bottom of the page. By continuing to browse the Site after clicking on “I accept”, you expressly consent to Madrid Discovery placing cookies on your device (cookies related to targeted advertising operations, certain audience measurement cookies, social network cookies generated in particular by their sharing buttons when they collect personal data). If you continue to browse the site, cookies may be deposited on your computer. The banner will remain displayed until you continue browsing, that is, until you go to another page of the Site or click on an element of the Site. If you do not wish to accept some or all of the cookies, we recommend that you click on the “Learn More” link on the banner, and follow the detailed instructions for managing cookies via your browser settings.
Cookies do not generate or transmit computer viruses that could infect your device, they are only readable and recognizable by the sender.
You can change your cookie settings at any time. Below you will find information about cookies and the different ways to manage the cookie settings on your browser.
The period of validity of the consent to the deposit of cookies is 12 months. At the end of this period, we will ask for your consent again.
b) Cookies on the site
Madrid Discovery may use the following types of cookies (see banner at bottom of page):
Session management cookies
Cookies for audience measurement (statistical cookies)
Cookies required for certain optional features
Cookies related to targeted advertising
Social network cookies generated in particular by their sharing buttons when they collect personal data
Session management cookies are essential to the proper functioning of the Site. Refusing to accept them could lead to a slowdown and/or malfunction of the Site.
By analyzing the way you use the site, Madrid Discovery can offer you a better navigation to respond appropriately to your expectations and also identify any problems you encounter in order to provide quick solutions.
You have the possibility to simply object to cookies via the procedures detailed in c) below.
c) Your choices regarding cookies
You have the possibility to modify at any time the parameters of your Internet browser in order to accept, to parameterize or, on the contrary, to refuse the cookies. You have several options: accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or reject all cookies.
Madrid Discovery informs you that deactivating session or feature cookies may result in your inability to access the site. In this respect, Madrid Discovery cannot be held responsible for any degradation of our services linked to the settings you have chosen.
Each Internet browser offers different configuration methods for managing cookies. In general, they are described in the help menu of each browser. If you are using a different type or version of browser than those listed below, please consult the “Help” menu of your browser.
If you are using Safari 5.0 (on a computer):
Choose Safari > Preferences and then click on “Security” ;
2. In the “Accept Cookies” section, indicate if and when Safari should accept cookies from websites. For an explanation of the options available to you, click the “Help” button. If you have set Safari to always block cookies, you may need to temporarily accept cookies to open a page. Repeat the steps above, selecting “Always”. When you’re done with the page, turn off cookies again and delete the cookies from the page.
You are using Safari on iOS (tablets and smartphones):
Open the “Settings” app and choose “Safari” ;
2. In the “Privacy” section, go to “Accept cookies”;
3. Define your privacy settings.
If you use Google Chrome:
Choose the “Settings” menu;
2. Click “Show Advanced Settings” and go to the “Privacy” section;
3. Click on “Content Settings”;
4. Select “Block Cookies and Third Party Data” to block cookies.
If you are using Mozilla Firefox:
Click on “Menu” and then “Options” ;
2. Select the “Privacy” icon;
3. In the History area, for the “Retention Rules” option, select “Use custom settings for history”;
4. Check the “Accept Cookies” box to enable cookies, or uncheck it to disable them. If you are having trouble with cookies, make sure the “Accept third-party cookies” option is not set to “Never”.
5. Choose how long you want your cookies to last by selecting one of the 3 options (a), (b) or (c) below:
(a) “expire”: Each cookie will be deleted on its expiration date, which is set by the cookie-sending site.
(b) “Closing Firefox”: Cookies stored on your computer will be deleted when you close the Firefox browser window.
(c) “Ask Me Every Time”: A warning will appear each time a Web site wants to save a cookie, asking you whether you agree to its saving or not.
6. Click OK to close the “Options” window and confirm your choices.
If you are using Internet Explorer 8.0 and above :
Go to the “Tools” menu, then select “Internet Options” ;
2. Click on the “Privacy” tab;
3. Select the desired privacy level using the slider: up to “Block all cookies” to block all cookies, or down to “Accept all cookies” to accept all cookies.
You are using Opera:
Go to the “File” menu and select “Preferences”;
2. Click on the “Privacy” icon;
3. Define the privacy settings you wish to apply.
If you are using Android:
Tap on the top right button;
2. Select “Settings” and then “Privacy and Security” ;
3. Define the privacy settings you want to apply.
You are using Dolphin on Android:
Go to the menu and select “More” then “Settings” ;
2. Select “Privacy” and then “Security”;
3. Define the privacy settings you want to apply in the “Cookies” menu.
III. For what purposes is your data collected?
a) Respond to your requests
When you contact Madrid Discovery via the various communication channels mentioned above, the collection of your personal data may be for the following purposes:
– The provision of access to the website and access to your dedicated customer area to allow you, in particular, to consult your quotes and/or any information related to your trips;
– The execution of requests you have made on the site or through other communication channels (booking with our partners, establishing your sales contract, monitoring the completion of the services of your trip, following up on any requests you may have made in relation to your trip, including after your return from your trip, in accordance with the legal statute of limitations…);
– The sending of newsletters and any other documentation (brochures in particular) that you have requested;
– To answer your questions;
b) Making statistics
Within the framework of the improvement of our services, the personal data concerning you collected by Madrid Discovery can also have for finality:
– The realization of statistical calculations concerning in particular the frequentation of the site;
– The realization of surveys and polls;
– To carry out studies and research in order to improve your experience with Madrid Discovery
c) Solicit you for marketing purposes
Your data may also be used for commercial purposes:
– Management of any subscription and unsubscription to newsletters at your request;
– Communication of information about Madrid Discovery and its partners: news, products and services, commercial prospecting and personalized offers.
IV. How and for how long?
a) Securing your data
As the person responsible for the processing of your personal data, Madrid Discovery implements all the technical and organizational measures necessary to respect the protection of your personal data: access control, backups, traceability, security of the premises, protection measures and ensures to limit the amount of data processed in relation to the purposes pursued.
b) How long we keep your data
We store this information for a period of time that is proportionate to the purpose for which we are processing it and in any event for the period of time necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. The data is kept for a period that does not exceed the time necessary for the following purposes:
> Newsletter: your data will be kept as long as your subscription is active. You can stop it at any time and unsubscribe by clicking on the link indicated to you.
> Commercial offers: your data will be kept as long as you agree to receive our commercial offers. You can refuse them at any time and unsubscribe by clicking on the link that will be indicated to you.
> Statistics and surveys: your data will be kept for the time necessary to establish reliable statistics and to process surveys carried out with your consent.
Last update: June 15, 2021 May